Vermonter business class?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only ridden Business class on the Palmetto route on an 11 hr trip. Usually on the NEC I do coach. What's the Vermonter Business Class like? Is it the 2 by 1 seating the Palmetto has? or is it different? I'm planning on taking the Vermonter for about a 5 hour trip and trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade on at least one leg. I'll be traveling North bound on a Friday and South bound on Monday....

Thanks for the help!

Yes, the Vermonter business class is definitely worth the upgrade. It has the split cafe/business class car with the faux-leather seats and 2x1 configuration.

BC on Vermonter is nice but not really necessary at least when I rode it last Sept. Plenty of seats in coach, at least north of New Haven. But go for it if you like single seat option. On an uncrowded train the best seat is actually the ones in the middle of the coach that face each other - so you can always look forward when the train changes direction in Palmer.

Unfortunately the Palmetto 2/1 BC seating is no more, a victim of that trains increasing ridership. Now looks like all NEC trains with AmII coach as BC and full cafe car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back