Vancouver BC hotels

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_rms492_*

Hello, in response to an earlier thread about Vancouver, I've decided to stay at least one night, possibly more.

Can anyone suggest good hotels in Vancouver area, as always, reasonably close (less than 3 miles) to the Amtrak Pacific Central Station.

Prefer to be near a Skytrain line if possible.

Thanks

Hello, in response to an earlier thread about Vancouver, I've decided to stay at least one night, possibly more.Can anyone suggest good hotels in Vancouver area, as always, reasonably close (less than 3 miles) to the Amtrak Pacific Central Station.

Prefer to be near a Skytrain line if possible.

Thanks
I would suggest looking @ the Hotels/Motels in downtown Vancouver,Burnaby and Richmond and the airport are a ways from downtown and most of whats great about Vancouver is in the downtown area!Google it up or use one of the discount travel sites like Orbitz or Cheap Hotels etc.

Its very popular so look for specials,there are also several hostels and B&Bs there but they also are farther afield!Lots of youngsters travel to Vancouver and when its not the summer and the Olympics arent on it should be more reasonable!(and remember,you save with Canadian $$$!!)In all honesty its an expensive city on par with San Francisco or New York but bargains can be found with research!

This may not be the most up to date information, but the last time I was in Vancouver I had dinner at the Hotel Vancouver, which I believe is an old Canadian Pacific Hotel. I have not stayed there, but the dinner was great. It was in the central downtown area. Not cheap,I am sure, but it would appear to have atmosphere.

just looked up the website for hotel Vancouver. It is now a Fairmont Hotel, like the Banff Springs, where I did stay a few months ago. If you have the bucks, treat yourself.

I have never used Priceline but some friends of ours did recently when they wanted to stay overnight in Vancouver. Hotels can be very expensive there, and they were pleased to get a very nice room for a cheap price - might be worth looking into. Like I said I've never done it myself.

just looked up the website for hotel Vancouver. It is now a Fairmont Hotel, like the Banff Springs, where I did stay a few months ago. If you have the bucks, treat yourself.

I like gtahotels.com for Canadian hotels, $131/night Fairmont Waterfront City View with the third night free(Early November and the rate has gone up). They often have a better rate than the leading travel/hotel booking sites. Also for any Fairmont hotel if you join the President's club you get access to Fairmont Great Rates which are released at the beginning of each month and only available for 7 days for books at certain hotels in the Fairmont chain.

Last edited by a moderator:
While not close to the train station, my wife and I LOVED the Times Square Suites. Two blocks from Stanley Park and many, many, many restaurants within a couple of blocks, everything from fast food to gourmet. Bojangles, the little coffee shop downstairs was wonderful. Every room is a suite and every room has a kitchen and a washer and dryer. We thought the prices were very good too. Check it out at www.timessquaresuites.com We arrived on the train too. If we ever get back to Vancouver, this is definitely where we will stay!

If interested, here are pix I took at the hotel. http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558324395KHLZYQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back