V/L 62091 out of service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miami Joe

Lead Service Attendant
Just walked in and had to jump in on a conference call.

It seems 2301 has a major truck and suspension problem and was pulled out of the train in Washington on the 25th.

They are trying to find parts and were asking different facilities on the call to look for parts. Once again , due to the uniqueness of the car, parts are one of a kind.

I'm in the process of comparing parts off a Superliner I. The trucks look similar, and I think we should be able to use the parts. I've got another call at 7:30pm EST, and I'm going to suggest the idea to the engineering dept.

I'll update after 8:00pm.

Joe

B)

I hope it can be repaired and that its not the end. Any word on 2300?

I noticed we're using the original # :) .

Just got off the call and it's looking good!!

Engineering liked my idea and the parts will be BAMed tonight from Chicago. We should know by Sunday or Monday the results.

Even thought the trucks were built by 2 different vendors, the similarities are amazing. The parts in question have the same dimensions, but they might have to be rethreaded. I mentioned that many parts were built by overseas vendors and the trucks and suspension may be metric. So they are sending a machinist to be on the safe side.

I can't find a person at Bear who is willing to look for the car. I'm trying to get a friend from Sunnyside to go look on his day off. It's the best I can do right now. I've been in contact with some people on Trainorders and I'm hoping to find a worker from Bear on that forum. If anyone goes on the Yahoo or Trains forums, try finding out about 2300, or possibly a person from Bear. I don't go to those rooms.

Gotta go do some work, I have the bottom 3 coaches on #98 and the train was built from cars in the yard. It seems that we don't get a turnaround anymore, everyday is a surprise package!!! :(

B)

Miami Joe said:
Just got off the call and it's looking good!!
Engineering liked my idea and the parts will be BAMed tonight from Chicago. We should know by Sunday or Monday the results.

Even thought the trucks were built by 2 different vendors, the similarities are amazing. The parts in question have the same dimensions, but they might have to be rethreaded. I mentioned that many parts were built by overseas vendors and the trucks and suspension may be metric. So they are sending a machinist to be on the safe side.

I can't find a person at Bear who is willing to look for the car. I'm trying to get a friend from Sunnyside to go look on his day off. It's the best I can do right now. I've been in contact with some people on Trainorders and I'm hoping to find a worker from Bear on that forum. If anyone goes on the Yahoo or Trains forums, try finding out about 2300, or possibly a person from Bear. I don't go to those rooms.

Gotta go do some work, I have the bottom 3 coaches on #98 and the train was built from cars in the yard. It seems that we don't get a turnaround anymore, everyday is a surprise package!!! :(

B)
Thats a relief, I was worried about it. I hope the Sunnyside Person can look for us. B) I'll try the trains forum, but can't guarantee anything, I think that the person is our best hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back