Upper or lower roommete is better?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_Gingee

I fgiven a choice, is the upper or lower level of the roommetes better? If given a choice, I would guess that if you could get number 9 or 10, that would be better?

I have rode in many of the roomettes on both levels in a Superliner and none of them were much different than the others. Room ten was not noticeably louder than room five, although you might hear the door between sleeper cars open and close during the night. The perk of being booked on the lower level in rooms 11-14 as I recently learned is that the hallway traffic is almost nonexistent and they actually seemed to be quieter even though theyn were down on the lower level and you would expect them to be noisier. I guess what I am trying to say is that I find nitpicking between the locations of the roomettes to be a waste of time since I have found them all to be equally comfortable.

(On a side note: if I travel in a deluxe bedroom I will try to avoid room A since it is a bit smaller because the curvature of the hallway cuts an angle into the room)

Does the upper level sway more and also are the seats smaller (someone thought they were)?

The upper level tends to have a better view, while you can clean your window on the lower level.

Guest_Gingee said:
Does the upper level sway more and also are the seats smaller (someone thought they were)?
The upper level does sway a bit more, but I've never noticed it. You only really notice the sway when moving between cars, and the car behind/in front might not be swaying at the same time.

All roomettes are exactly the same size, regardless of where they are in the car, so the seats will not have any difference between uppers and lowers.

Okay, thanks. I saw some of trestle bridges they pass. I wonder if it would be better on the lower level (LOL)?

Back