Updated Flagstaff, AZ information

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcats

Engineer
Stopped by the station after a Flagstaff Symphony concert tonight, as I saw the train was only a few minutes late. Some good and not so good news. The station hours have actually been improved. The waiting room is open 24 hours, and the ticket office is only closed 4 hours in the middle of the day. This is good for anyone who may arrive on a shuttle van from Phoenix in the middle of the night and the station will now be open, instead of standing out in the cold. I don't know how they have allocated the work assignments or the reasons for the change, but this is OK.

The not so good news, speaking to the evening agent at the baggage cart, is there is now no long term free parking for Amtrak passengers at Flagstaff. This must be purchased from the City at a fee of $8.00 per day. This is part of the new new controversial pay parking system in downtown Flagstaff that was recently instituted.

The train tonight seemed to do a pretty fair business at Flagstaff, with two coaches on the rear. I will be taking the train to LA in three weeks. Will park at a friend's house down the street or take Uber or Lyft!

Back