Upcoming Trip Arizona to east Coast

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greatcats

Engineer
This admittedly is before the fact, but stay tuned for my report Williams Junction, AZ (4)to Chicago to New York ( 48 ) to Washington, to Chicago ( 29 )and back on 3. I am leaving May 3 and will return the 18th. You might remember that I'm the tour bus driver at Grand Canyon. After much gnashing of teeth with my supervisor, my vacation was finally OK'd two days ago, with a little prodding from my dispatcher. I love my job, but am ready for time off to visit my home state of New Jersey ( first time in over 4 years,) go to my 35th college reunion, and visit Washington. Will be sleeper all the way, which iIjust upgraded yesterday at Flagstaff ticket office.

This admittedly is before the fact, but stay tuned for my report Williams Junction, AZ (4)to Chicago to New York ( 48 ) to Washington, to Chicago ( 29 )and back on 3. I am leaving May 3 and will return the 18th. You might remember that I'm the tour bus driver at Grand Canyon. After much gnashing of teeth with my supervisor, my vacation was finally OK'd two days ago, with a little prodding from my dispatcher. I love my job, but am ready for time off to visit my home state of New Jersey ( first time in over 4 years,) go to my 35th college reunion, and visit Washington. Will be sleeper all the way, which iIjust upgraded yesterday at Flagstaff ticket office.
Have a great trip - we'll look forward to your full report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stayed at the Yavapei Lodge last Sept., the Canyon was awesome , ( this Sept going around the country for 11 days by rail)

Let's both of us have an enjoyable journey!!!

Good Luck :)

MT

Love the Grand Canyon but we go to the N rim more often than not.

Enjoy your trip. I will be going from LA to Chicago and back in early June on the Southwest Chief

Dan

Yesterday I upgraded the New York-Washington segment of this trip to Acela First Class at Flagstaff ticket office.. I've decided to do this trip in style, as it is unlikely that there will be an opportunity to take this type of train journey again anytime soon. The ticket agent yesterday remembered meeting me there over three years ago. He works in El Paso, and was temporarily assigned back in Flagstaff due to a staffing shortage. He may come up here on Friday to take my bus tour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back