Upcoming CZ Schedule Change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IHC

Service Attendant
Beginning October 10th, padding will be taken out of the CZ's schedule between DEN/SLC and EMY and it's trip length will be shortened.

#5 will still leave Chicago at 2:00pm, Denver at 8:05am, and SLC at 11:30pm.

New arrival/departure times down the line for #5 are as follows:

ELK: 3:03am

WNN: 5:40am

RNO: 8:36am

TRU: 9:37am

COX: 11:48am

RSV: 12:57pm

SAC: 2:13pm

DAV: 2:44pm

MTZ: 3:26pm

EMY: 4:10pm

New times for #6

EMY: 9:50am

MTZ: 10:29am

DAV: 11:11am

SAC: 11:49am

RSV: 12:15pm

COX: 1:01pm

TRU: 3:18pm

RNO: 4:46pm

WNN: 7:48pm

ELK: 10:11pm

SLC: 3:45am

PRO: 5:15am

HER: 7:17am

GRI: 8:39am

GJT: 10:51am

GSC: 12:50pm

GRA: 3:52pm - Note this Winter if the train is barely an hour late, you will now miss the Rockies.

WIP: 4:30pm

DEN: 7:18pm

All stations beyond here beginning with Fort Morgan, CO keep their original arrival/departure time. #6 will still arrive Chicago at 3:30pm.

This will be good for the OBS crews as they'll have more layover time in Emeryville now, and they won't have to be bothered having to serve breakfast in the Diner on #6 out of Emeryville anymore. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: Better to be "bothered" doing your job than to not have one like so many folks! I know they work hard but this is about the pax too, Im sure there will be complaints about all changes, there always are no matter what area we are discussing, its called the status quo, theyre big on that in conservative circles! (what health care crisi? what global warming? etc. etc.) :p

I have a question-

We will be taking the California Zephyr #6 (eastbound) from Salt Lake City (SLC) in a sleeper on Oct 26 to Glenwood Springs (GSC).

It is scheduled to arrive at 12:50pm.

On the return, (Oct 28) we are scheduled to leave on the California Zephyr #5 (westbound) from Glenwood Springs at 1:53pm, also in a sleeper.

With the new schedule, will we miss out on lunch going east?

I assumed that we would miss it going west, because IIRC they stop serving lunch at 2:00pm.

Thanks!

I think going east, with an arrival at 12:50, I think you will get lunch. IIRC, it begins around noon or before. As far at westbound, you never know, In March, I boarded the CS in PDX with a departure time of IIRC 2:25. I was not expecting lunch, but as I got to my roomette, they announced over the PA "last call for lunch"! :)

I think going east, with an arrival at 12:50, I think you will get lunch. IIRC, it begins around noon or before. As far at westbound, you never know, In March, I boarded the CS in PDX with a departure time of IIRC 2:25. I was not expecting lunch, but as I got to my roomette, they announced over the PA "last call for lunch"! :)

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info!

I figured that we probably wouldn't have lunch going east, but there's a Microbrewery that also serves food across the street from the Amtrak station in Glenwood Springs. I figured we probably will check it out after detraining.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info! I figured that we probably wouldn't have lunch going east, but there's a Microbrewery that also serves food across the street from the Amtrak station in Glenwood Springs. I figured we probably will check it out after detraining.

The food at the Micorbrewery will be much better anyways!!!

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info! I figured that we probably wouldn't have lunch going east, but there's a Microbrewery that also serves food across the street from the Amtrak station in Glenwood Springs. I figured we probably will check it out after detraining.

The food at the Micorbrewery will be much better anyways!!!

I'm sure the food will be tasty there-We've never been to GSC, so I included that as our first thing on the 'to do' list when we get there.

Just got a call @ 7:15 am from Amtrak.

They called to inform me of the #6 scheduled depature time for SLC.

FYI, we went down to the station to buy & pick them up, we did not call Amtrak or use the website.

Good on them for following through!

Usually, the lunch period starts at 11:30 am, depending on how many passengers on train.

There's one crew on the Zephyr that doesn't like to start lunch until 12:30pm. By then usually the whole train is hungry and it's a stampede to the diner and all tables are full right away. It's rediculous.

Usually, the lunch period starts at 11:30 am, depending on how many passengers on train.

There's one crew on the Zephyr that doesn't like to start lunch until 12:30pm. By then usually the whole train is hungry and it's a stampede to the diner and all tables are full right away. It's rediculous.
Bet they rake in the tips, sounds like a lazy crew we had on the CONO this summer and the LSA on that train that grew roots in "her" booth, one of the members even said that the cook served his breakfast on that train!! Hope this crew is off when I ride the CZ this fall! :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back