Two Private Cars on a Late #6(19)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
I caught Amtrak #6(19) at Agency, Iowa today running seven hours and fifty-eight minutes late.with two private cars on the end. This was the first #6 to take the detour through Wyoming and south to Denver. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

The two private cars are Promontory Point and Suitsme. I've been told they will be going on to Seattle (probably on the Empire Builder) for the 2013 AAPRCO Convention.

Train to stop by old Ellensburg depot

Twenty-eight vintage passenger train cars, heralding the bygone era of rail travel, will stop briefly near the Ellensburg depot Thursday morning.
The special train, pulled by modern Amtrak diesel locomotives, is made up of restored and customized, privately owned passenger cars originally built from 1911 through the mid-1950s....
The special excursion train is using the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railway on a trip to Napa Valley, Calif., for the annual convention of the American Association of Private Rail Car Owners.
The train’s schedule has it leaving Seattle’s King Street Station Thursday morning, and it’s estimated it likely will reach Ellensburg between 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Thursday for a stop of no more than 40 minutes to allow a crew change for the trip to Pasco....
Full itinerary at AAPRCO website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back