Trying to get hired with Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening,

My name is Frank I want to thank you for allowing me to join this chat. I am a 37 year old father of two boys. I have been applying to work at Amtrak since 2015. I had one interview back in 2019 and was not selected and then Covid hit. I was recently called for another interview set for tomorrow at 2:30pm Eastern standard time but received a call this morning informing me that my interview was pulled becasue I failed the strength test. Long story short there were problems at the facility they tell you to “break the machine” and the machine broke lol I have no idea how I did not pass.But I will continue to try. If anyone has any advice or suggestions im open for it all.
Thank you

I think I would respond by telling them that there was a problem with the strength test and that it was never actually completed. That you did not fail the strength test because you literally broke the machine, but it might have been coded as a "test failure" at the office, so you'd like to redo the strength test with a working machine, please...

I think I would respond by telling them that there was a problem with the strength test and that it was never actually completed. That you did not fail the strength test because you literally broke the machine, but it might have been coded as a "test failure" at the office, so you'd like to redo the strength test with a working machine, please...

Test results go to an independent company who "grade" the test.

Frank, I failed the test 3 times before I passed it. What job did you apply for as well as where? And did you explain the issue to the person that called?

Test results go to an independent company who "grade" the test.

Frank, I failed the test 3 times before I passed it. What job did you apply for as well as where? And did you explain the issue to the person that called?

I applied for a conductor job in new haven, CT
I explained to the recruiter and even went as far as calling the company. Nothing was resolved i was told they investigated and a report of a malfunctioning machine was never reported. I was told that I can not test again for 90 days. I was given all this information less then 24 hours from my interview.

I applied for a conductor job in new haven, CT
I explained to the recruiter and even went as far as calling the company. Nothing was resolved i was told they investigated and a report of a malfunctioning machine was never reported. I was told that I can not test again for 90 days. I was given all this information less then 24 hours from my interview.

It is indeed true that you have to wait 90 days.

Back