Truck on tracks gets hit by 3 in Syracuse, KS.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing how things work with these small trucking companies, the driver most likely was leaving the yard later than he was supposed to, thus rushing so he didn't lose his assigned load. The windows were probably up and the music going when he quickly glanced into the sun, most likely not even stopping at the tracks. The trucking company lawyers will most likely file a suit that the train improperly hit the truck, trying to take the offense.
Those who are around truckers on a regular basis know that they're not exactly safety minded. Where I live half of them can't even understand basic English. Which makes me wonder how they're supposed to read signs indicating an accident is ahead or that a given exit is closed due to construction or that mobile phone use has been banned. Truckers down here just speed by like nothing's happening and then suddenly hit the breaks and try to squeeze in at the last possible moment as if they didn't know any better.

Maybe they really don't. Maybe most trucking companies are just a bunch of clueless fly-by-night nobodies putting everyone else at risk just to make a buck. I know we've had a few trucking company defenders here and there but in my view commercial truckers are among the most dangerous drivers on the road. Not because they're uniquely unqualified, although some certainly are, but rather because they have the slimmest margin of error combined with a careless faux machismo attitude.

It's a recipe for disaster that exists worldwide and these are just a couple videos of unsafe commercial truckers making the rounds over the last day or two...

Link #2: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=877_1439589605

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back