Troubles for 92 of 4/1/2016

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but nine hours seems a bit long for a grade crossing incident.

This has me curious for sure. Another grade crossing accident or locomotive failure?
It was a trespasser incident, with engine failure, a vehicle on the tracks, train interference, switch failure+a recrew with flat shifting.

This has me curious for sure. Another grade crossing accident or locomotive failure?
It was a trespasser incident, with engine failure, a vehicle on the tracks, train interference, switch failure+a recrew with flat shifting.
In short, a bad day. Close to a very bad day.
I should research the stats on trespasser and grade crossing incidents in FL compared to other states. For a state that sees a grand total of 3 daily Amtrak trains, it seems that Florida shows up a lot. Along with SC and NC; which at least see a few more daily Amtrak trains.

Over a couple year period to and from West Palm Beach it never got dull. We hit someone or something three of five trips. Someone jumped in front of train in Orlando for a suicide, another trip we hit a truck in NC I think and then some moron got his/her atv stuck on tracks south of Jacksonville on a third trip. Obliterated the atv. People were safe. We sat and sat and sat. And that's just up and down east coast. Lots more on the EB and CZ. It gets really old sometimes.

One thing that always surprises me when you want to add service all of the NIMBYs are worried about an increase in accidents. But have you ever noticed the trains that hit people are not the new ones. It tends to be the one who's schedule hasn't changed in years

Problems continue for passengers as the train is now stranded north of Wilmington due to Palmetto collision with track equipment. Might be as late as 16 hours at NYP ?

Problems continue for passengers as the train is now stranded north of Wilmington due to Palmetto collision with track equipment. Might be as late as 16 hours at NYP ?

They'd be lucky to be on;y 16 hours late into New York.

92(1) has been in New York for HOURS. You're probably thinking of 98(2).

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, I suppose. So 92 made it through before the event then? Good to know. I thought it might have gootten stuck, since Amtrak's status info seems to have completely haywire.

What is happening with 91(3).

Yes, I suppose. So 92 made it through before the event then? Good to know. I thought it might have gootten stuck, since Amtrak's status info seems to have completely haywire.
That often happens when an operating train is off its date.

What is happening with 91(3).
Powering up with orders to pursue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back