Trip was Great part II

• Thread starter rail rookie/Veteran?
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rail rookie/Veteran?

The people we met on the CZ was wonderful. Hats go off to Lester the conductor from Omaha to Denver and John who was the new conductor from Denver to Grand Junction (I think). Lester put John up to finding my girlfriend and I and "threatening to kick her off the train for being unruly". My girlfriend was freaking out cuz we are so mild and in our early 40's so she was telling him he must "be mistaken". He then laughed and introduced himself as the new conductor and we know that Lester was probably behind this little prank.

I really enjoyed the meals we had. The food was very good and the conversation with others wonderful. I marvelled at the Amtrak employees that could carry an armload of food (like in the regular restaurants) and do while we were going 79mph!!! We had no rude Amtrak employees, we had some that were just businesslike, and some that were great!!!!

A man named Ken was sitting by us in the observatory car and was going to visit his father in Colorado. Ken was from Denver and uses Amtrak to go to his fathers house since Amtrak stops in the town. He was like a visitor guide with his knowledge of the Rocky Mts. and was so delightful!!!

I'm disapointed that this form of travel is getting kicked in the shorts! I'm disapointed with myself for not trying this a long time ago. I hate flying and loved this way of transportation. I will post more as I find my "journal" that I kept while on the train. I hope this isn't boring you all, but gosh dang, I loved my experience on Amtrak.

Thanks for the reports. Was the food the new dinner-lite, or regular menu items? I didn't know when they are changing from one to the other.

I believe it was the full diner menu. So many people on our train was "impressed" by the food. We all figured it was gonna be like airplane food and it wasn't. Would I open up a restaurant with the food we had? No, probably not, but we both agreed that Amtrak extended itself past our expectations. I am glad though that I did "my homework", and knew that its not like the '40's and 50's train travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back