traveling disabled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmctrouble

Train Attendant
Long story short, I had to cancel my trip to Memphis last June because I had a stroke on Mother's Day. I have rescheduled it for the beginning of April and I'm looking for advice/tips on traveling on Amtrak with a disability (nothing major - but the stairs to the upper level will be out of the question so I already booked a lower level seat).

If you have a disability, make sure you have it noted in your reservation! That way the car attendant can check on you and if necessary bring you meals from the Dining Car or stuff from the cafe for you to your seat. You may also qualify for a 15% off disability fare.

Just to be more specific, have it noted that you are Mobility Disabled.

Congrats on being able to travel, lots of us have disabilities of various types but are still able to travel on our favorite way to roll, Amtrak!

In addition to the above, if you're @ Stations that have Red Caps ( such as Chicago, LA, NY etc)let your attendant or Conductor know you would like assistance to/from the Train!

Since you're going to be downstairs be sure and take some drinks and snacks since the cafe car in the Lounge won't be accessible for you! ( the attendant will bring you stuff from there but you can get better stuff @ better prices before you board!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back