Trapped on train at CUS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Amtrak booking process and e-tickets warned customers that ending up in a rail yard was their problem you could blame the passenger but I've yet to see anything like that. I watch a lot of dash cam and body cam videos and lets just say I would only call the police in a life or death situation. If the days of Barney Fife and Andy Griffith ever existed that's not what you're getting now. In my experience Amtrak staff are pretty reliable at making sure you get off, but it's possible that some combination of variables resulted in one careless passenger ending up in a rail yard. So long as Amtrak takes the time to review how this happened and addresses the lapse I think we're good.

I don't rely on others to let me know when to get off the train. Since the girl had a cell phone, if she had simply just set an alarm so she wouldn't oversleep her stop, this whole matter could have been avoided. This should be basic thinking and would have precluded the need to call Mom or 911.
Not everyone can use an alarm to wake up. Obviously she is a sound sleeper. And since she was getting off at the last stop and would make sense that she’d expect to be awoken by someone to get off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back