Transportation in Orlando?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lo

We're thinking about doing Boston to Florida on Amtrak (with a roomette) for our Oct. vacation. Can anyone tell me if we can get from the Orlando Amtrak station to Walt Disney World? I've looked on the internet but haven't had any success...Thank you!

The following has been cut/pasted directly from the Amtrak timetable. Enjoy!

"Coach USA provides door-to-door shuttle van service between Amtrak’s Orlando station and Orlando-area hotels and attractions. Vans meet the arrivals and departures of all Amtrak trains at Orlando. Arrangements may be made in advance by calling 407-826-9999, or with a Coach USA representative at the Orlando station upon your arrival by train."

Thank You! I'll give them a call. I used to take commuter trains when I was much younger - am looking forward to a long trip (with no driving!)

Those shuttles are not to hide, you can see them from the train. I have never taken it though. Once you get to disney, you can get everywhere on there transportation if you are staying on propery. Have a good trip.

I used the Coach USA shuttles about 4 years ago. It was quite convienent and everything went smoothly. Back then I was actually able to buy the shuttle ticket directly from Amtrak. I'm not sure if that's still true or not.

As 999 mentioned, if you are staying at a Disney resort, it's very easy to get around. Even most hotels outside of Disney have shuttles. One thing to consider, hotels outside Disney will also run shuttles to Universal Studios and Seaworld. Disney hotels will only have shuttles to Disney parks.

hickorytrainlover said:
What about transportation to port canavereal cruise port from Orlando. Is there any type of shuttle??
What cruiseline are you on. I know disney offers a bus shuttle to the port for its own cruiseline passangers. Im not shure about the other ones. The disney bus(es) are actualy subcontracted to martz or mears bus lines. You may be able to call them or search on the internet for a operator. Also there is a bus company called cruise connection, that connects to alot of FL ports.

The port itself is about an hour from disney. Basically strait west on the Beeline (SR-528) right to the port.

hickorytrainlover said:
Thanks, I'm on Royal. Caribbean. I could rent a car for a hundred dollars, thats seems the best way since we have 4 people
Note that if your leaving your rental car at the port, there will be some pretty high parking fees. I believe canveral is $10 per day, it could be $12.

Having been to Orlando, and Disney World, I would recommend renting a car for the entire trip. It would make things much easier in the long run. I have not actually used the Orlando train station, but I am sure that you could find a car rental near the station. Be careful of weekends because intown locations tend to have shorter hours. In this case, you should use the rental car places at the airport.

Steve4031 said:
I have not actually used the Orlando train station, but I am sure that you could find a car rental near the station. Be careful of weekends because intown locations tend to have shorter hours. In this case, you should use the rental car places at the airport.
I'm certain you can, since Hertz is right there. :)

Aloha

My last visit to WDW I found a Limo service and made a pickup apointment at the Airport and dropoff at the train station. Round trip was under a hundered and on departure we visited 2 train shops.

Eric

Ps was around ten years ago.

AlanB said:
Steve4031 said:
I have not actually used the Orlando train station, but I am sure that you could find a car rental near the station.  Be careful of weekends because intown locations tend to have shorter hours.  In this case, you should use the rental car places at the airport.
I have seen hertz in several Amtrak stations, but the Chicago station rarely seems to be staffed.

Steve4031 said:
AlanB said:
Steve4031 said:
I have not actually used the Orlando train station, but I am sure that you could find a car rental near the station.  Be careful of weekends because intown locations tend to have shorter hours.  In this case, you should use the rental car places at the airport.
I have seen hertz in several Amtrak stations, but the Chicago station rarely seems to be staffed.
I've seen Hertz people and even the Hertz bus in the Orlando station.

Back