Train Trip in July

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lepearso

Lead Service Attendant
It's about time I went on a train trip. Since opening a small business in 2003, I did not have time to travel all last year. Needless to say, I have been very anxious to get back on the rails again.

I am flying from Atlanta to Milwaukee so I can try out their new airport train station. From there, I will go through Chicago and change over to the Lake Shore Limited for a ride into Cleveland. I have never ridden the Lake Shore before. (If the Three Rivers was still running, I would be taking it into Akron, which is where my kinfolk live.)

After visiting my aunts and cousins in Akron, I will get back on the Lake Shore at Cleveland and travel to New York where I will stay overnight and leave #95 into DC. At DC I will get on #19 and travel back to Atlanta.

My last trip on Amtrak was during David Gunn's first few days, so I am anxious to observe Amtrak's "state of repair". I am also anxious to see how employee morale is holding out in these uncertain times.

If anybody has suggestions for me, please pass them on! I will post a trip report as soon as I get back.

lepearso said:
My last trip on Amtrak was during David Gunn's first few days, so I am anxious to observe Amtrak's "state of repair". I am also anxious to see how employee morale is holding out in these uncertain times.
You might be surprised about the employee moral. Its been pretty high the last few times I've riddin.

Back