train status wierdness

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmtrakWPK

Conductor
AU Supporting Member
Honored Member
Having heard Silver Service with REALLY late trains through Orlando the last few days, I went to the web site to see when it said they actually were making it to Miami. According to the web site, they're NOT. I was able to follow the 23rd's trains (originated on the 22nd) to Orlando but they did not exist further south (according to Amtrak train status). 91 was 6+ hours late at that point, and 97 about 2 hours late. Did they actually terminate there, or is the Amtrak site just "a half-bubble off plumb"? Additionally, I just heard on the Sunday morning tv news (5:30 am) that the tracks in Orange City (between Deland and Sanford) have been closed due to a car wreck that damaged the tracks up there, so one more service interruption I guess.

Well, that would possilby explain why train 2(20), which was 1:20 late at Palatka (with padding, it had a fighting chance of arriving "On time" into ORL), was 5 hours late into Deland, and 12 hours late leaving (according to amtrak.com).

AmtrakWPK said:
Having heard Silver Service with REALLY late trains through Orlando the last few days, I went to the web site to see when it said they actually were making it to Miami. According to the web site, they're NOT. I was able to follow the 23rd's trains (originated on the 22nd) to Orlando but they did not exist further south (according to Amtrak train status). 91 was 6+ hours late at that point, and 97 about 2 hours late. Did they actually terminate there, or is the Amtrak site just "a half-bubble off plumb"? Additionally, I just heard on the Sunday morning tv news (5:30 am) that the tracks in Orange City (between Deland and Sanford) have been closed due to a car wreck that damaged the tracks up there, so one more service interruption I guess.
No they actually did terminate in Orlando the past few days due to construction down here.

Did they run 'em back to SFA overnight to become 92 and 98 today? I did hear "98" running southbound through Lake Mary, Longwood, and Maitland, at around 1:30 this afternoon, which would make sense if it was heading down to the So. Orlando Wye to turn around and become today's 98.

I also notice that today's 91 (91-23) is apparently only going as far as FTL, while today's 97 (97-23) is going all the way to MIA. I wonder if that will still hold true since 91 is late enough to end up at or later than 97's normal arrival slot.

If they were actually doing all that several days in a row I'm surprised I didn't see a notice on the Amtrak web site about it, although I may have just missed it.

They did run down to Stanton to turn around the engine to come back up to Sanford to yard the train. It does seem possible for 91 to have to holdout at Ft. Lauderdale until they clear up the New River, Tri-Rail's been bussing this weekend between FTL and Ft. Lauderdale Airport on the other side of the river. I don't know what time the curfew expires, but 1800 seems to be a popular knock off time for the work crews.

Back