Train speeds

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
amtrak trains traval on avg 79MPH but you got remember that theres padding added into a time table + time zones
No, the maximum speed that the CS can travel is 79 MPH. It rarely averages that, between station stops and many sections of track in the mountains that are far too curvy to allow travel at 79 MPH. If I had to guess, I'd say the CS is lucky if it averages 40 MPH throughout its entire journey.

And the CS doesn't cross any time zones, since it runs north/south, not east/west.

Last edited by a moderator:
amtrak trains traval on avg 79MPH but you got remember that theres padding added into a time table + time zones
No, the maximum speed that the CS can travel is 79 MPH. It rarely averages that, between station stops and many sections of track in the mountains that are far too curvy to allow travel at 79 MPH. If I had to guess, I'd say the CS is lucky if it averages 40 MPH throughout its entire journey.

And the CS doesn't cross any time zones, since it runs north/south, not east/west.
I do also realize that that particular train has alot of stops too, but wow 40mph. That's ok, more time to watch the scenery roll by!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back