Train Garb & Gear

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wanted to LOOK like the NEWBIE I am ( kinda like the tourists I see every day ), where do I find a good place to shop? :eek:
I don't understand what you mean. Do you think everyone gets dressed up in certain clothes for their trip?

Of course the Amtrak Store actually has some nice items. You can also go to all the Class 1 RR sites BNSF, UP etc. They all have stores that are open to the public- you'd be surprised at how nice some of the stuff is.

Unlike what you see in this day and age, in the good old days when train travel was "civilized", men wore suits and ladies Sunday type dresses on the train. Levy's were unheard of. Only conductors sort of dress the same way today as they did those many years ago

290314570_gFBJD-X3.jpg

Of course, smoking was allowed on trains, then, too. Things have changed in 50 years.

Unlike what you see in this day and age, in the good old days when train travel was "civilized", men wore suits and ladies Sunday type dresses on the train. Levy's were unheard of. Only conductors sort of dress the same way today as they did those many years ago
290314570_gFBJD-X3.jpg

Of course, smoking was allowed on trains, then, too. Things have changed in 50 years.
What's he got in that pipe? :eek:

I dress up when I travel......as in, tucked in polo shirt, slacks and polished shoes. I'm only 27 and I think they had it figured out back then. I sometimes wear my suit on the train just to look important B)

I dress up when I travel......as in, tucked in polo shirt, slacks and polished shoes. I'm only 27 and I think they had it figured out back then. I sometimes wear my suit on the train just to look important B)
My original thought was kinda like going to Daytona Bike Week on your HOG with the leathers and fake tattoos and ponytail.

I guess I really meant souvineer shop! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back