Track Sale

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everydaymatters

Engineer
On Facebook: "It's coming. Our first ever Track Friday Sale bringing you a 30% discount...."

I'm curious to see what this is about. Maybe it will be fashioned after ViaRail's Tuesday sales. Or maybe it's only a Black Friday sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach only, but they do let you add a sleeper upgrade to the discounted price. So it's definitely a decent sale of you find a low bucket sleeper.

Coach only, but they do let you add a sleeper upgrade to the discounted price.
Not according to this https://www.amtrak.com/trackfridaysale which states, in part, " Valid for Coach seats only; no accommodation upgrades permitted." But perhaps you know something I don't?
That's what I get for not paying attention, the sleeper accommodations are not on sale but they did place a bunch of them into low bucket so it appears cheap, but it appears I do not have the sale coach fare.

I booked my tickets, and I am not really seeing the savings? Is there a code I need to enter in for the pormo?

Seems pretty normal of what I've booked in the past. Winona to Chicago round trip for two at $216.

I booked my tickets, and I am not really seeing the savings? Is there a code I need to enter in for the pormo?

Seems pretty normal of what I've booked in the past. Winona to Chicago round trip for two at $216.
Perhaps you don't see any savings because the fare is at a higher bucket on the travel date(s) dates you've chosen?

And I get $250 using either the normal Amtrak website or the one appearing in the Track Sale link! Maybe the buckets - or one of them - have changed between the time you did your thing and I did mine?

The Track Sale link says the discount will be done automatically, but that doesn't appear to have occurred for either of us. I'm stumped!!

My suggestion is to call an Amtrak agent and ask.

I bought tickets for January 8 & February 18 on the Pere Marquette from Holland, MI to Chicago round trip and there was a "Super Saver" column. The actual discounted price is more than the 30% promotion on both dates.

The discount is 30% for full fare. I'm not sure how it works, but I think if your are a senior, perhaps you should not put that in since it applies only to the full price.

Despite me entering myself as a student, the discounted fare still came up. It was under the saver column with a fare alert. It does not seem so apply for all trips, as TPA-RGH comes up as the normal $64 but TPA-BOS is highly discounted at only $103.

Booked several weekend TUK-ALY trips for $34! (Coach only)

(The YD bucket is $49; 2-week advance price is $37)

Figured I'd give you an update. I called Amtrak, and mention of what I was trying to do.. She said there's so many seats were set up for the discounts, and she said the seats on the Builder was sold out quick.. oh well, I still booked my tickets for Chicago.

I bought part of the mainline track between Washington and Baltimore. I only bought a few inches because, knowing Amtrak, they would sell such a big piece of track, everyone would get a big surprise and bumpy ride when they found that the section I bought was already packaged up and on the way to me via Fedex. Besides, that was all I could afford. The track was a good buy but the shipping charge was atrocious. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back