Tpping first class car attendant on Acela Express

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read all the posts here and try to consider all sides of the argument. On tipping, yes the bulk of the pay for waiters in restaurants comes from the tip. Waiters in restaurants in the NYC area are paid something like a $5.00 /hr. wage. The bulk of their income is from tips. On Amtrak FSA'S and SCA'S make most of their income from their salary. Tips represent their bonus but if they gave you good service; in my view they deserve a thank you in the way of tip.

If you can afford a first class Acela ticket (roughly $500 R/T from NJ to WAS), then you can certainly afford a $5 or $10 tip.

I am offended when the Acela FC attendants line up at the end of the line and wait for their tips. It's a ridiculous practice that Amtrak should stop immediately. These are union workers who earn handsome salaries for the work.
Incorrect. The LSA's are NOT union workers. They work hard and deserve tips.

I read all the posts here and try to consider all sides of the argument. On tipping, yes the bulk of the pay for waiters in restaurants comes from the tip. Waiters in restaurants in the NYC area are paid something like a $5.00 /hr. wage. The bulk of their income is from tips. On Amtrak FSA'S and SCA'S make most of their income from their salary. Tips represent their bonus but if they gave you good service; in my view they deserve a thank you in the way of tip.If you can afford a first class Acela ticket (roughly $500 R/T from NJ to WAS), then you can certainly afford a $5 or $10 tip.
LSA's and SCA's make most of their income from a paycheck. The tip is just a bonus.

I am offended when the Acela FC attendants line up at the end of the line and wait for their tips. It's a ridiculous practice that Amtrak should stop immediately. These are union workers who earn handsome salaries for the work.

I read all the posts here and try to consider all sides of the argument. On tipping, yes the bulk of the pay for waiters in restaurants comes from the tip. Waiters in restaurants in the NYC area are paid something like a $5.00 /hr. wage. The bulk of their income is from tips. On Amtrak FSA'S and SCA'S make most of their income from their salary. Tips represent their bonus but if they gave you good service; in my view they deserve a thank you in the way of tip.If you can afford a first class Acela ticket (roughly $500 R/T from NJ to WAS), then you can certainly afford a $5 or $10 tip.
LSA's and SCA's make most of their income from a paycheck. The tip is just a bonus.
The LSA's are union workers.

Hmmm. I never see it mentioned on the Careers page of Amtrak. I've seen it mentioned on Conductor and Engineer posts.

I read all the posts here and try to consider all sides of the argument. On tipping, yes the bulk of the pay for waiters in restaurants comes from the tip. Waiters in restaurants in the NYC area are paid something like a $5.00 /hr. wage. The bulk of their income is from tips. On Amtrak FSA'S and SCA'S make most of their income from their salary. Tips represent their bonus but if they gave you good service; in my view they deserve a thank you in the way of tip.

If you can afford a first class Acela ticket (roughly $500 R/T from NJ to WAS), then you can certainly afford a $5 or $10 tip.
Hmmm. I never see it mentioned on the Careers page of Amtrak. I've seen it mentioned on Conductor and Engineer posts.
All OBS are union workers. In fact, I believe that all non-management positions at Amtrak are unionized. There are various unions involved, depending on the craft. But again, all are union workers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back