Today's (12/30) #6 Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KmH

Engineer
I wonder what happened between Davis and Sacramento today to make the Zephyr 100 minutes late to SAC?

The #6 was 189 minutes late to Truckee but has now left and is heading to Reno..

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely a tree fell across the tracks and required some time to remove. The Interstate nearby has add 3 lanes closed for much of the day. Tracks on BART were blocked in 4 places by fallen trees, as was the Caltrain tracks between SF and SJ near Burlingame.

North winds have been gusting to 60 mph during much of today and will continue overnight.

Train 6 was held for the late arrival of train 11. It sat at SAC for a bit over an hour waiting for connecting passengers. It arrived into SAC at 11:24am, 26 minutes late. It departed SAC at 12:49pm, 1 hr. 40 min. late. Unfortunately the 25-minute scheduled trip from SAC to RSV took over an hour making the delay worse as the train arrived in RSV at 1:56, 2 hrs. 21 min. late.

Starlight on the other hand arrived into SAC at 12:37pm and departed at 1:30pm, just under 7 hours late. The delay was due to station work as well as taking on water and fuel. Unfortunately the food supply was low as well and the grill was not up to snuff so there was a lack of burgers and salads for lunch as lunch was served before reaching the commissary in Oakland instead of after. The delay was reportedly due to a track and/or tunnel inspection due to debris and/or damaged rail in southern Oregon.

As of 9:30pm the late train 6 is in eastern Nevada and the late train 11 is in between Salinas and Paso Robles as it travels south with my jacket that I forgot on board... oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back