Tipping your SCA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooley, tip the amount you feel is appropriate. Ask 100 different people, and you'll get 100 different answers. ;) Tip what you want, and don't let anyone dictate for you what you should or shouldn't tip.
Of the probably thousand responses to this topic we have had over the many years this question has been asked, this has to be the best answer of them all.

I stiffed an SCA on my last CL trip. I asked for ice, had none, asked to be let off at the smoke stops and he said he didn't have any Pax getting on/off at those stops and would not be opening the doors and then disappeared.

I went to the next sleeper and asked the same questions, got my ice and was told that he had pax at most every stop along the way and if I was standing by the door, and made it quick, I could smoke at every stop. Got off the train in DC walked back to his sleeper and slapped a $20.00 in his hand.

I like it when a service person uses their gray matter and interprets the rule book in favor of the guest. I know that he should have not let me get off at non-smoking stops and it was not something I asked him to do but it was something he could control so he let it happen and I gladly obliged.

Cooley, tip the amount you feel is appropriate. Ask 100 different people, and you'll get 100 different answers. ;) Tip what you want, and don't let anyone dictate for you what you should or shouldn't tip.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back