Tickets Lost on Connector Bus Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skim

Train Attendant
Hi all,

I've travelled Amtrak often and this is my first trip with a connector bus. My return tickets were lost or stolen and Amtrak won't give me new ones. Since a bus is involved, there are no e-tickets and they won't even provide for the train portions. Customer relations won't budge and they refuse to transfer my call to someone higher up. What can I do, short of re-buying the tickets?

The next time I go looking for something and find it, I'm going to keep looking for a few minutes just so I can come back here and say that you were wrong. :D

Glad the tickets turned up for you. I've been there before and it's no fun.

The next time I go looking for something and find it, I'm going to keep looking for a few minutes just so I can come back here and say that you were wrong. :D
You beat me to it. Of course people find things in the last place they look, because they stop looking.

Of course, in this case, it was an earlier-than-last-place where Skim found them, because he had already looked there.

Skim, I too am glad you found them. Having problems while traveling is a curse I would wish on very few people.

Make something idiot proof, and the world will bring you bigger idiots. :D

(edit: in case it wasn't clear, I was calling myself the bigger idiot, not calling you one)

Last edited by a moderator:
Make something idiot proof, and the world will bring you bigger idiots. :D

(edit: in case it wasn't clear, I was calling myself the bigger idiot, not calling you one)
My experience suggests that the worst idiots tend to have random inappropriatly timed strokes of genius, and manage to discover the critical flaw in any "idiot proof" system.

"if at first you dont succeed use a bigger hammer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back