THROUGHWAY BUS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caravanman

Engineer
Hi folks, I am still tinkering with options for my next visit to Amtrak (and USA!) I see there is a throughway bus scheduled to depart denver col. to raton, conecting with westbound chief, shown on the Amtrak timetable, but not found on the amtrak internet booking system. (leaving denver 6am arrives raton 10.35am.) Looking on Greyhound bus system there seems to be a duplicate of this missing throughway bus. I gather that it's not possible to book a reservation for greyhound buses, so whats the best way to ensure I catch my train to LAX?

Ed B)

You cannot reserve the throughway bus directly. I entered Denver - Los Angeles and first it gave me a route through Sacramento but by changing the date it did give me Denver - Raton - Los Angeles with the throughway bus. (Nov 30 through Sacramento, Dec 1 through Raton)

Well done! You are right! I was trying to help the system by putting in the denver bus station as the start point, but it needs the train station to come up with the goods! (You book from the bus station in las vegas though!)

Ed B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back