Theres one on every train..

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if all the folks yukking it up are equally amused by graffiti covering everything. Vandalism is vandalism, and it's pretty hypocritical to pick and choose, saying "This kind is funny" but "That kind is terrible." It's ALL defacement, disrespect, and eye pollution.

I wonder if all the folks yukking it up are equally amused by graffiti covering everything. Vandalism is vandalism, and it's pretty hypocritical to pick and choose, saying "This kind is funny" but "That kind is terrible." It's ALL defacement, disrespect, and eye pollution.
I'm sorry, but I don't see the world as all black or white, ie, I can see shades of gray (or grey if one is from the other side of the pond); and can see a huge difference btwn something like this and seeing whole trains which have been tagged. I believe our legal system also sees such gradation. No?

WhoozOn1st, My observation of your posts over many years is that you try to inject humor into your posts when ever you can. I have enjoyed those posts and travelogues. The people above know that this is vandalism. They are not supporting vandalism or graffiti. They are just trying too inject some humor into a post as you have done many times in the past.

Well, color me dumb because I thought they wore off during washing or something.

I assumed wear rather then vandalism. Do these letters actually peel off that easily?
I would be very surprised if those two letters randomly wore off.
Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
It sure doesn't look random. I just thought it would be difficulty to remove the lettering. And said difficulty would make it doing this intentionally risky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come to think of it, it's not like being called "Coach Class" is that much nicer than being called a Coach Ass, at least in my view. Why couldn't they just say "Coach Car" or the like? Instead it comes across like some sort of judgmental caste style designation.

Maybe to differentiate from business class? Do sleeping cars have class or car written on the side? Never really looked that close because I can tell by car number/location in consist as well as looking in the windows.

I was actually wondering if the "enhancement" hadn't been done by Amtrak employees in the maintenance yard, vs, some outsider - as some minor prank... seems to me that it would be much more difficult for an outsider, ie, passenger to do such and go unnoticed.

Come to think of it, it's not like being called "Coach Class" is that much nicer than being called a Coach Ass, at least in my view. Why couldn't they just say "Coach Car" or the like? Instead it comes across like some sort of judgmental caste style designation.
Oh! No! I see it now:

Class action (pun intended) suit against Amtrak alleging insulting language and discrimination against lower income people. Activists demand cars be renamed "Cost conscious Prudent Passengers Only"

Oh! No! I see it now:

Class action (pun intended) suit against Amtrak alleging insulting language and discrimination against lower income people. Activists demand cars be renamed "Cost conscious Prudent Passengers Only"
I'm imagining Ryanair trying that label on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back