The security videos shown at the station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the videos annoying because there's nowhere in the station (at least in Baltimore) where you can escape from them.

As to their utility, I don't know. During the past decade of daily riding on the NEC, I've been involved in one station evacuation and two train evacuations, plus the disruptions on 9/11. I believe I received all of the information I needed to safely evacuate right at the time by the station personnel and/or train crew. The problem with these videos is that it's a case of in-one-ear-out-the-other if the instructions get to complicated. And if the instructions are simple, then the train or station crew can just tell you what you need to know when you need to know it.

As for the promotional videos about the Amtrack Police Department and it's K-9 team, well, they might be OK to put on a website, but why subject us poor passengers to that over and over again for months and even years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back