The Pioneer Could Be Restored

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so!

What I think should happen is to reintroduce the Pioneer AND the Desert Wind and combine them as one thru train. That would also give people a choice to travel between PDX and LAX via SAC or via SLC. It also would bring back rail service to Las Vegas!

The biggest problem is equipment! That's part of the reason these 2 routes were cut in 1997!

I hope so!
What I think should happen is to reintroduce the Pioneer AND the Desert Wind and combine them as one thru train. That would also give people a choice to travel between PDX and LAX via SAC or via SLC. It also would bring back rail service to Las Vegas!

The biggest problem is equipment! That's part of the reason these 2 routes were cut in 1997!
they would be two and three on my list after

restoring the Sunset and making all trains 7 day a week

Bob

If this route were to be restored to service, it should be with service at least twice per day, each direction, with cab signals, and track raised to FRA Class 5 or Class 6 standards. Passenger speeds to be increased accordingly. If the service is once per day each way or less, then I see no sense in restoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back