the minutea of Superliner lighting

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exiled in Express

Lead Service Attendant
Even musing this question tells me I have spent too much time in Superliner coach overnight lately, but if anyone will know it is you guys. :D

I have noticed that in the night settings the lights over the aisle have different configurations, the one that inhibited my sleep has the blue filter over half and just a semitransparent white filter over the other half which leads to a lot of light still making it through. On my next journey I found the lighting issue to be much improved and noticed the blue half was still present but the white portion was blocked by something solid and the only light was coming around the edges. The situation was the same for the entire car length, not a one off alteration.

Is this a setting the car attendant can apply or is it just a benefit of the refurbishment (the excessive lighting car had a knob for the leg rest while the preferred car had the slide bar.) Petty yes but when you can't sleep on a train you have plenty of time to ponder these things.

Petty yes but when you can't sleep on a train you have plenty of time to ponder these things.
I hear that one loud and clear!
Also in my experience im perfectly able to fall asleep in the afternoon when there are things to see, but at night I seem to have one hell of a time sleeping unless im in a sleeper.
Boy-oh-by, that's the truth! Figure maybe it's the big lunches? :lol:

I have not slept in coach overnight for a long time. (AGR sleeper or bust!
laugh.gif
) But that's why I carry eyeshades with me!
excl.gif

My Superliner coach experience was on the N/B CONO a little over five years ago. Had a whole seat to myself, and fell asleep shortly after Memphis and woke up around 7:00 two hours from CUS. Slept like a baby, and don't remember anything about the lighting; sorry.

Ocala Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back