The Great American Stations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spot1181

Lead Service Attendant
Has anyone ordered from The Great American Station website? I received most of my order yesterday, posters, postcards, route guides and system maps. The only items I'm waiting for are the Amtak road signs. I can't believe these are free.

I've never ordered from them. So the purpose is to promote your local station with posters and postcards? Or are you supposed to be ordering on behalf of the station and then take all that stuff to them? When I googled the site what I mainly found were some PDF's about finding funding for improvements. But it looks like the deadline was back in August? They even mentioned a meeting here in SAS back in January, but I couldn't find anything on it except a barebones agenda sheet. Seems like it would be a helpful website if I was able to better understand the purpose and process for making use of it. :huh:

This site was mentioned a couple of month ago to order postcards My link but they have much more. The return address was from Amtrak. www.westernfolder.com/amtrak/catalog/welcome.cfm

Last edited by a moderator:
The website for ordering says:

These items are intended for distribution to local government agencies supporting efforts in developing Amtrak service and stations facilities in their areas. Customers and passengers desiring Amtrak timetables and brochures please call 1-800-USA-RAIL or visit Amtrak.com. Travel agents requiring Amtrak materials and information please call 1-800-525-2550.
The policy for signs is:

There is no charge for the [sign] kits, but the requestor agrees to provide Amtrak with a list of installation sites. Please forward the list to [email protected] External orders are limited to Municipalities, State Departments of Transportation or Highway Authorities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back