"The Eagle Way"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lthanlon

OBS Chief
When I was riding the Texas Eagle back in October, I enjoyed listening to John Secord's "The Eagle Way" numerous times on the ride. The lyrics are pretty evocative, but there's one reference I don't get...

Dine in the diner, sleep the sleeper, too.

This high-ballin' Eagle's got a Sightseer view.

Spencer built the crew, just to cater to you.

Who is "Spencer"? Also, the link of the Texas Eagle site says that John Secord performs in Branson, Mo., but I can't find any information about him. Anybody know what he's up to these days?

When I was riding the Texas Eagle back in October, I enjoyed listening to John Secord's "The Eagle Way" numerous times on the ride. The lyrics are pretty evocative, but there's one reference I don't get...

Dine in the diner, sleep the sleeper, too.

This high-ballin' Eagle's got a Sightseer view.

Spencer built the crew, just to cater to you.

Who is "Spencer"? Also, the link of the Texas Eagle site says that John Secord performs in Branson, Mo., but I can't find any information about him. Anybody know what he's up to these days?
I can get you started.

The missing key may be the Missouri Pacific Railroad. That is the name of one of the preAmtrak railroads which ran the Texas Eagle and other Eagles.

I am short for time but I googled Missouri Pacific Railroad Spencer Eagle and found some kind of connection, did not have time to read it thoroughly muself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can get you started.

The missing key may be the Missouri Pacific Railroad. That is the name of one of the preAmtrak railroads which ran the Texas Eagle and other Eagles.

I am short for time but I googled Missouri Pacific Railroad Spencer Eagle and found some kind of connection, did not have time to read it thoroughly myself.
Wow -- sounds like a neat obscure reference. Here I was thinking maybe Spencer was a contemporary rail passenger booster. Will look into it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back