The A-train's first day

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stntylr

OBS Chief
Yesterday was the first day of regular service for the Denton County Transportation Authority's A-train. It connects downtown Denton with Carrollton, Texas where a cross platform connection can be made to Dallas's light rail Green Line which will go into Downtown Dallas.

The A-Train currently uses Budd Rail Diesel Units leased from the TRE but late next year will start using Stadler GTW's the same as Austin's Red Line.

I decided to see what it waas like so I decided to make a big rail trip out of it. I made the two hour drive to Fort Worth and rode the Texas Eagle to Dallas. From there I rode the Green Line to Carrollton to catch the A-train.

The trip was great. The ride was very smooth and i really enjoyed it. I have some video which I will post later.

I have to point out that the same A-Train quote was used the last time I posted about thte A-Train.

I last rode a TRE RDU back in February. I don't know if all of them have been leased or not.

You gotta take the A train of you wanna go to Harlem - Dave Brubeck
No offense, but that's like attributing "don't step on my blue suede shoes" to Pat Boone instead of to Carl Perkins (or Elvis Presley).

("Take the A Train" was the signature tune of Duke Ellington and his orchestra. The melody was written by Billy Strayhorn, and the lyrics were written some time later by Joya Sherrill.)

Back