thanks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amymaree

Train Attendant
hey there,

well we are getting down to the wire or rail on our big train ride to d.c. the children are finishing up with school and we leave a week from today out of winter park, florida. the train shirts are made for the children their train hats have my grandfathers seaboard coastline pins on them and they are planning what they will do on the train besides looking out the window. our friends have decided to go with us and that means will has the girl he likes on the train the whole time. all of our tours are set, which in case you need to know for someone else with a special needs child, d.c. offers docent assistance at almost all of the museums and the zoo, you just have to ask.

we are busy with all kinds of things and i would like to thank everyone that gave me advice and comments on what to expect on the ride with children and places to go in d.c. i will write about the ride when we get to the hotel and i log in.

hopefully i won't have anymore questions but you never know.

until i read again,

amy

hey there,
well we are getting down to the wire or rail on our big train ride to d.c. the children are finishing up with school and we leave a week from today out of winter park, florida. the train shirts are made for the children their train hats have my grandfathers seaboard coastline pins on them and they are planning what they will do on the train besides looking out the window. our friends have decided to go with us and that means will has the girl he likes on the train the whole time. all of our tours are set, which in case you need to know for someone else with a special needs child, d.c. offers docent assistance at almost all of the museums and the zoo, you just have to ask.

we are busy with all kinds of things and i would like to thank everyone that gave me advice and comments on what to expect on the ride with children and places to go in d.c. i will write about the ride when we get to the hotel and i log in.

hopefully i won't have anymore questions but you never know.

until i read again,

amy
Amy;

Just about everyone on this list has mega-miles and numerous experiences whether they be good or bad. You were wise in checking out your trip first because it is very easy to fall into a pitfall especially with children. Go enjoy and give us a heads-up when you get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
And as an update to the group, Wendy and I drove over to WPK at about 1:30pm today (the 23rd) and met Amy, her husband, and the kids, as they were waiting for 98. We had a very pleasant visit with them. 97 and 91 both came through southbound while they were waiting for 98 to arrive. She promised a report on the trip.

And as an update to the group, Wendy and I drove over to WPK at about 1:30pm today (the 23rd) and met Amy, her husband, and the kids, as they were waiting for 98. We had a very pleasant visit with them. 97 and 91 both came through southbound while they were waiting for 98 to arrive. She promised a report on the trip.
Way cool! B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back