Thanks to EB folks!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHamilton

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
I took the Empire Builder to the NARP meeting in Whitefish over the weekend (see my other post), and had a great trip. I want to give a shout out to SCA Nancy, and to station personnel in Whitefish and Shelby, for great service beyond the call of duty.

When I got off of #8 on Saturday morning, I left some personal belongings behind. When I mentioned this to the station attendants in WFH Saturday afternoon, they said that they had been found and boxed up in Shelby. The box was on Saturday night's #7, and I could pick it up from the baggage car before boarding #7 for my return trip to SEA, which I did.

Thanks again to everyone who made this happen! EB_OBS, will you please pass the word how happy I am to get great service? Should I also call or write to HQ?

You should ALWAYS thank those that do a great job by contacting their management. For a routine attaboy, an email would be sufficient. For what they did for you, I would consider even that insufficient and would strongly suggest you write to HQ and to copy the supervisors of the station personnel. That was awesome of them to do that. A call to the station should get you the name of the person(s) to whom to write.

Nothing like a personal attaboy in your supervisor's hand to help him/her to write something special in your evaluation.

:cool: Great Post Charlie! A Reminder of how Good most of the Builder Route People are and if only All Amtrak Staff was this Friendly and Professional! Maybe the Isolation up on the High Line makes People Friendlier! ^_^

Excellent to hear you had a good time and a good customer service experience. I'd be happy to pass along kudos to Nancy when I see her next. The manager of the EB, Mr. Kukec tries hard to inform personnel whenever they receive complimentary letters from passengers. I'm confident if you report your experience to customer service, it'll get passed down to Nancy.

There seems to be a rash of personal belongings left behind lately. Twice just this week I've recovered items for passengers that got off the train before it arrived into SPK but left things behind. As a reminder to everyone, it sure makes it a lot easier to find your stuff IF you've put identification on your bags. I'm very uncomfortable removing something from the train unless I'm positive it's what I'm searching for and belongs to the person who says they left it behind.

Excellent to hear you had a good time and a good customer service experience. I'd be happy to pass along kudos to Nancy when I see her next. The manager of the EB, Mr. Kukec tries hard to inform personnel whenever they receive complimentary letters from passengers. I'm confident if you report your experience to customer service, it'll get passed down to Nancy.
Thanks so much! What is the best way to send Mr. Kukec a note?

I also had Nancy as the lead attendant on my EB trip fom Settle to Milwaukee... She was beyond wonderful!!

Glad to hear about great service!

All the crews I've had in the past on the Empire Builder, I've always been happy with them! I even taken the time to write a letter to Amtrak letting them know about our experience on the Empire Builder.

I have wondered if these email has been shared from us to these people who we have mention by name.

I am looking forward for our trip again this summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back