Thank you AU

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.menhennet

Conductor
This is my 1,000th post here on AU, and I wanted to give a sincere thank you to every single member on here, minus one we had back in April. jk. Seriously, you guys have been one of the most welcoming crowds of people I have ever interacted with. AU just started out for me as a means to keep in touch with Craig and Anne Goodwin (scientist and golden Grrl), two amazing, nice, and interesting people I met on the CZ back last April. But it has become so much a part of me. You guys have provided me so much respect, because I've gotta tell you, no matter how right you may be, there are not many adults who will validate and support the opinions of some crazy teen who still hasn't really grown yet, if you know what I mean. Many have you have really taken in an interest in me as a person, whether it be what I may be doing at that particular moment at a tournament or fervently awaiting my trip reports which I don't always finish. I am not lying when I say that I have learned something knew from every single post, literally, or something that came out of it. I am truly grateful for both the broad knowledge I have gained, whether it be patience and restraint if there's something blatantly wrong or just general transportation trivia and knowledge, some of it which is helping out my debate! Haha not really the first part, but I genuinely grateful for all of the people who have looked out for me. As I mentioned Craig and Anne, Dick especially, and even boxcar817 for graciously sending me an upgrade coupon when they had no obligation to do so. I will finish this 1,000th message off short and simple, with a sincere

Thank you, AU

Very sincerely,

Johnny Menhennet

Johnny,

What a nice comment. Like you, I have been pleasantly surprised by the knowledgeable and friendly folks who make up the vast majority of the group. I really enjoyed meeting people at the Seattle Gathering last year, and am looking forward to this year's conclave in PHL, and the mini-gathering in PDX in August. So let me second your thanks to everyone here.

Charlie

Thanks for the kind words, Johnny (and Charlie) -- this is why we keep the site running, and why the forum staff works tirelessly to make sure we all have a nice and informative place to hang out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny, thank you for your kind comments. You have been a most welcome member of AU.

Age is just be one factor that provides variety among people. Attitude is another and

being honest and forthright are others. It is my opinion that our Johnny has all of them!!

It is a real treat for all of us to have members like Johnny and Charlie who contribute their

comments and opinions for the good of train travel and for the enjoyent of all members.

Thank You guys for being an important part of AU.

i enjoyed your email. Do keep in mind, Johnny, that some of us on here, myself included, even know something about the preAmtrak trains. Some of us stand ready to jump in on that, when needed.

Johnny -

Thanks for the thanks!
hi.gif
AU is great because of the knowledge of all members, be they young, middle aged or older (i had to add the "er" before i get in trouble
laugh.gif
). And also be they new, regular or over-experienced riders. AU I think has the greatest mix of members, if one asks a question, it is almost a certainty that someone will have an answer.

Like last night, there was a question about the NDL station. Now I'm not bragging, but I know it well, even though the SWC stops there at 1AM and 2 AM. That used to be my "home station" for 7 years. And I was not the only one to provide an answer either.

I think we all learn from each other here on AU!

Congratulations on your 1k post. Your enthusiasm in each of your posts makes me feel your age and are most welcomed. I hope you will continue as an active participant in AU although I remember when I was 15 my main focus was on the opposite sex :giggle: Hope you can balance the two!

Thank you and congratulations Johnny. You posts are knowledgeable, lucid and thoughtful. It was some time before I realized that you were a "teenager". Those quotes are significant. You are a mature person. This is coming from a "very mature" person. Anytime you know you are going to be at VNC, let me know and I'll try to be there some one of those times.

Lee

Back