Texas Eagle Survey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainLoverJoy

Lead Service Attendant
I just took an Amtrak survey about my Texas Eagle trip last September. I've taken many surveys before after certain trips, but never 5 months afterward. This wasn't the usual rate-your-attendent etc. type survey, more like a feasiblity of the route itself. Anyone else get one?

I just took an Amtrak survey about my Texas Eagle trip last September. I've taken many surveys before after certain trips, but never 5 months afterward. This wasn't the usual rate-your-attendent etc. type survey, more like a feasiblity of the route itself. Anyone else get one?
They're probably just looking for reason to make it a Weekly Only train.

Today, I got a survey for my trip on the CL last July. What surprised me was that it was an electronic survey, and it was a good one! They had comment boxes and everything.

I hope they're going to do this from now on. Plus, it saves postage and paper costs.

Today, I received an on-line survey for my trip on the Silver Meteor last July (6 months later). I just took the survey and it was pretty generic, which is good, because I cannot remember specifics.

I hope all the Amtrak surveys from now on will be on- line so we can actually have some meaningful feedback, unlike the old style paper rate by the number surveys that were basically worthless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this one had some really good questions, and I loved that there were spaces for comments.

Today I received a survey on the Silver Meteor for a trip that I took last October.

The survey appeared to be interesting.

I got a survey too but decided to fill it out two days later, and was told the survey had expired! Don't remember which train it was that I had taken, defs not TE.

I got one yesterday, for our LSL trip last year. Interesting that we did not get one for the TE portion of the trip. I thought the questions were mostly useless, and it all seemed to be a marketing ploy. Example: One of the questions was about how did we get to CHI to begin the trip. A train was not one of the options with a radio button. SO I put the TE in the "other' box. I was next asked how many minutes it took to get to CHI. I tried to put in 24 hours or 1300 minutes, but it would not let me put in anything over 300 minutes. And the last 5 or 6 questions were purely marketing questions that had nothing to do with the LSL trip. All in all, IMHO, it was a waste of time.

I wholeheartedly agree that a good comprehensive survey on line would be a great tool for Amtrak to use, this, IMHO, was not that.

I got one for our trip on the Southwest Chief last July (2014). There was even a question about what newspapers I read daily. I guess for considering advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back