Texas Eagle questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lthanlon

OBS Chief
Last year, I rode No. 421 from Chicago to Los Angeles and enjoyed the long stop in San Antonio. I walked over to the Alamo, then returned to my car and slept through the arrival and hooking up with the Sunset Limited. In October, I'll be making the trip the opposite direction, from Los Angeles to Chicago on No. 422. If all's going well, the schedule is now for the Eagle to layover from 4:50 a.m. until 7 a.m. It's probably not even worth getting up to look around.

I'd be interested in hearing anybody's experience with this new schedule. And have appearances of the Burrito Lady in El Paso been affected?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the LAX to CHI on the Eagle and slept through most of the

time we were in SAS!!

Westbound the Burrito Lady shows up and does a roaring trade as it is now during lunch time. When I was through there a few days ago, I was seated in the Diner having just ordered when we arrived ELP. I fled long enough to run down and get a nice Bean and Cheese Burrito to rathole for dessert :)

Westbound the Burrito Lady shows up and does a roaring trade as it is now during lunch time. When I was through there a few days ago, I was seated in the Diner having just ordered when we arrived ELP. I fled long enough to run down and get a nice Bean and Cheese Burrito to rathole for dessert :)
Whoever this Burrito Lady is, is she around when the eastbound Eagle/Sunset arrives? I might be traveling that route sometime soon and would like to try those burritos out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back