Temp Schedule Change for 91 and 92

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK! What does track work in NC have to do with train 91 and 92 not going to Tamp? We found out today that Amtrak will be busing folks to Winter Haven to board train 92 due to track work in NC. ???? I understand it must be a scheduling thing but . . . We hate the bus that is why we ride the train.

92 not going to TPA is a very fast way for them to be able to pick up two hours on the schedule, making it so they can meet the curfew time in NC. The other option would to have 92 and 98 leave MIA at the same time. This creates problems for a number of departments, comissary, mechanical, yard crews, station personnel, and for the dispatchers. Everyone is having to deal with double the issues than normal at the same time. I recognize it is an inconvienence to have to ride the bus, and not fun, but it is the simplest solution for Amtrak. As a passenger the best you can do is accept the inconvienence and move on, or find another mode of transportation.

I believe that 92 is the only train affected, not 91. I've read the report by NARP and know 91 is going to TPA Saturdays through Tuesdays when 92 is making its turn northeast at Auburndale. A friend of mine who's a avid Amtrak day rider has gone to LAK and rode the bus to WTH for the trip back home to WPK.

91 runs its regular schedule to TPA, but as Bat51 said, due to track curfews and maintanance scheduling by CSX gives an extra two hours of head time for 92 to get through the construction zone before crews get started for the day. Look at it this way, at least you're not on the Carolinian or Palmetto who gets bussed bridged the relatively long trip between RMT and RVR (skipping PTB). Now that's an inconvenience to ride those trains the days of road work! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back