Tehachapi Loop

• Thread starter guest in the west
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

guest in the west

Does anyone have any insight as to whether the CS will be detouring through the Tehachapi Loop next month similar to the past two years when the Union Pacific did repair work on the coast line through Ventura and Santa Barbara counties? Missed out on that rare trackage and would love to do it if there are plans for another detour.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether the CS will be detouring through the Tehachapi Loop next month similar to the past two years when the Union Pacific did repair work on the coast line through Ventura and Santa Barbara counties? Missed out on that rare trackage and would love to do it if there are plans for another detour.
Yeah, me too!

I waited a bit too long, as I was all set to fly to LA, when I was saved by someone on these boards that reported they completed the work ahead of schedule, and were no longer detouring. Next time I will try to go earlier on the detour, but after confirmation that it has actually began. Of course there is never a guarantee--weather or other situations could always send it back on its regular coast route for a trip or two.....

Back