Taxi at Dearborn, Mi.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Not a lot. But we signed up with Uber just to get from there to Franklin. Would have cost about $50 to $60 via taxi. Uber was $28 but we had found a $30 sign up coupon so it was free.

Dearborn MI has a new (3 / 4 year old?) Intermodal Station that is VERY nice. Nice indoor waiting area (complete with a small steam locomotive on display!). Adjacent to the parking lot is a 24 hour Tim Hortons if you need your doughnuts or coffee. Taxis do hang around the station at train time.

I've never used Uber in Dearborn so I can't comment on that specifically. (I would guess it would be very easy).

I'm a huge fan of the Henry Ford Museum and have taken Amtrak to Dearborn several times to visit. There is a Comfort Inn almost right next door to the Amtrak station that has a free shuttle to Henry Ford, or it's a moderate walking distance. Most hotels in the area have shuttles to Henry Ford, and I would guess most would pick you up at the train station.

Also.. Westborn Market is on the corner just a block or so from the train station. Local grocery store with alot of ready to eat food (hot deli, pre-made salads) etc. They have alot of local produce and baked goods, and they are a rare LOCAL run (non-chain) store. Pick up some local Michigan Cherry juice!

I used uber a few years ago from Dearborn Station. The driver went to the old station first :angry2: but finally got to us. Then his 3 GPS units (one was Google on his phone) all had terrible directions. Eventually, I had to help him get there (it was to mu uncle's house so I knew it by heart). He was a very nice guy (my first Uber).

Price was a LOT less than taxi - about half the cost.

Back