Taking Acela tomorrow - any advice or tips

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radsmom

Train Attendant
Hello,

My family and I are taking the Acela tomorrow from NYP to BOS. We are going first class and I am super excited because this is a bucket list item for me on my 50th birthday. We've ridden a lot but never on the East Coast. Any advice or info I should know ahead of time? I tried to read up - I want to make the most of the day! :)

Happy 50th!! Nice present!

Have a Redcap take you to board the train from the Club Acela so you can have first pick on seats and sit together! Just tell the attendant when y'all check in to the CA that you want a Red Cap to board!

Also remember you will have a meal and drinks served (including unlimited alcoholic drinks for those over 21).

You didn't indicate which Acela y'all are riding, but there is usually a big turnover @ NYP so you want to avoid the rush for seats which aren't assigned even in FC!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a smartphone with GPS, but don't have a speed measurement or GPS tracking app installed (or have a GPS device with you), think about installing one, so you can see how close to 150 mph the Acela gets on the high speed sections in RI and MA. Don't need to be in FC for this, of course, but in FC you can have a free drink while riding the only 150 mph stretch of passenger track in the US.

Enjoy the trip! Definitely get a red cap to bring you down to the train from the Club Acela in NYP.

Thanks for the tips everyone! We are getting ready to head out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back