SWC Dinner from LAX

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottC4746

OBS Chief
I may have asked this but have forgotten and cannot find the thread...leaving LAX on SWC 4 that leaves I think 6:15p or 6:30p:

1. How do they do dinner the first night for sleepers?
  2. Do we get to board a certain amount of time before we depart to have dinner?
  3. Do they do reservations the first night and if so, how?
  4. Is it from the National menu or SWC Eastbound menu?

Dinner isn't until after departure from LA and dinner is available for everyone. A Redcap took us out to the platform before the train was in the station. He dropped us off and the correct spot for our sleeper! When we boarded, our SCA informed us of our dinner time so yes, we had reservations. The regular SWC menu was used.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do get dinner out of LAX. You board at the regular time (with all the others), and I believe the LSA comes around after the SWC departs LAX. I forgot the answer to #4, but I want to say it's an abbreviated menu.

My experience has been the same as the others -- we boarded shortly before departure and our SCA or the LSA came around and took dinner reservations. Dinner is served starting at about Fullerton (a half hour or so after departure). We had the SWC Eastbound menu, which is a full menu.

I did this trip a couple of weeks ago and the top 4 of the 8 items on the menu were available. But this could have been an inventory control problem.

Even if they use the Express Menu you'll come out alright as it's Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! Unless you do not like Chicken you can't go wrong with that Half Roasted Chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back