SWC Detour Servce to Albuquerque

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim55

Service Attendant
As a result of a personal message request and since I don't know how to send a a PM reply here goes. The westbound SWC came out of the Belen, NM yard went North to the southwest quadrant of Woodward (E/W) ave and Broadway(N/S). It's about a mile or two South of the ABO Station. I use Google Maps where track=dashed lines. A wye goes off to the East, crosses Broadway and goes up into the Airport comlex. Condition of the track east of broadway is questionable. The locomotive lead pulls east to just short of Broadway and now the conductor can detrain, flip the switches, reboard and clear the front end to back up onto the main and into the station. I'm sure the EB SWC did the same. Observations: I never saw so many "suits" in white Suvs Running around, they never got out of their SUV as the MOW truck crew did several times. I think it added 20-30 minutes to the trip(don't know what the rail runner would do to the time). I don't know how many Private or BNSF Pax cars they they could handle without crossing Woodward and if that track needs to be upgraded. Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
As a result of a personal message request and since I don't know how to send a a PM reply here goes. The westbound SWC came out of the Belen, NM yard went North to the southwest quadrant of Woodward (E/W) ave and Broadway(N/S). It's about a mile or two South of the ABO Station. I use Google Maps where track=dashed lines. A wye goes off to the East, crosses Broadway and goes up into the Airport comlex. Condition of the track east of broadway is questionable. The locomotive lead pulls east to just short of Broadway and now the conductor can detrain, flip the switches, reboard and clear the front end to back up onto the main and into the station. I'm sure the EB SWC did the same. Observations: I never saw so many "suits" in white Suvs Running around, they never got out of their SUV as the MOW truck crew did several times. I think it added 20-30 minutes to the trip(don't know what the rail runner would do to the time). I don't know how many Private or BNSF Pax cars they they could handle without crossing Woodward and if that track needs to be upgraded. Jim
Thanks Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back