Surfliner Reference in Washington Post TV Column

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spokker

Lead Service Attendant
It seems like our very own Pacific Surfliner is well-known enough to be a throwaway reference. From the Wasington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9090304333.html

Giving Jay the 10 p.m. time slot is not just about keeping him from going to ABC to pound Conan O'Brien in late night -- it's about programming to profit margins. That new paradigm has Hollywood feeling like it had stopped to tie its shoelace and got hit in the back by the 9:25 Pacific Surfliner to San Diego.
I didn't expect to see the Surfliner mentioned in an article about Jay Leno. Pretty good for the second busiest route in the Amtrak system.

Last edited by a moderator:
That new paradigm has Hollywood feeling like it had stopped to tie its shoelace and got hit in the back by the 9:25 Pacific Surfliner to San Diego.
So "Hollywood" stops and stands on busy railroad tracks? Not too smart . . .

That new paradigm has Hollywood feeling like it had stopped to tie its shoelace and got hit in the back by the 9:25 Pacific Surfliner to San Diego.
Did I miss something? Who said "Hollywood" was smart? :rolleyes:

Aloha

Or, is this just an East Coast writer trying to drop in a train reference and actually going to research to get the right train name?

And the wrong time!

Did I miss something? Who said "Hollywood" was smart? :rolleyes:

Aloha
True. Paris Hilton is probably smarter than 2/3 of her Hollywood colleagues.

Or, is this just an East Coast writer trying to drop in a train reference and actually going to research to get the right train name?And the wrong time!
My fellow GDLians and I resemble that. SANbound train 796 stops at GDL at 9:25. Though BUR is much closer to the NBC studios. Yeah, they just made stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back