Surfliner Checked baggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bretton88

Conductor
So, I may just have been blind, but since when did all the surfliners offer checked baggage? I thought it was just the connecting trains to the CS (the early and late surfliners) that had that service. Now, I'm not complaining, but I was curious when that change happened.

So, I may just have been blind, but since when did all the surfliners offer checked baggage? I thought it was just the connecting trains to the CS (the early and late surfliners) that had that service. Now, I'm not complaining, but I was curious when that change happened.
Seems like for quite a while.

In general, the Surfliners have had checked baggage service for a long time. 700-series trains offer checked bags to/from SBA, OXN, VNC north of LAX, and headed south to FUL and SAN (checked to FUL on every train is a recent addition) but only select trains offer checked bags to ANA, SNA, and OSD.

Rather, I guess, this should be worded as, "Stations offering checked bags," since, for the most part, train crews aren't much involved in the process.

Travel light!

~BJG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back