Superlner Roomette Sleeping Space...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tallguy

Train Attendant
Hey folks! Just wanted to throw out a tidbit of info to all the tall peeps that have some worries about sleeping in the roomettes on a superliner. I'm an SA/TA/SCA on the Capital Limited, 6'8" tall, and can actually lay flat on the lower bed without bending my head, knees or ankles to fit. I haven't had the courage or even an inkling to want to try and climb up to the top bunk, the bottom bunk suits me fine, although I'm still getting used to sleeping on a train!

The top bunk is difficult to get into for some folks. Once you're there even a 6.5'er can fit. Not much to see or do and it can be claustrophobic for some folks, but if all you want is to read a book or sleep you're all set.

I am 6'6" and I have slept comfortably in the top bunk of Superliner roomettes and bedrooms and the top bunk of a Viewliner roomette. I find it helps if you lay a little bit diagonal.

I am 6'2" and fit comfortably in the top bunk. She has never allowed me to use the lower bunk but it looks a bit longer. After 12 trips it is getting much easier to levitate into the top bunk. The first few were a definite learning experience. Another discovery is that you can put the top bunk part way down and use it for extra storage during the day. It does rattle a bit if the track is rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back