Superliner to Viewliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad C.

Train Attendant
Wow- just discovered how to do a 2 Zone Loophole and looking at booking a Anniston, AL to the West Coast and Return. My question is I'd be traveling with Wife and two kids (6 and 2) Would like to get the Family Bedroom on the Superliner routes, CL, SWC, and CS. But how does it convert to Viewliner when riding the CL? Do i have to use and extra reward to book a second bedroom or roomette?

Thanks

Brad

Wow- just discovered how to do a 2 Zone Loophole and looking at booking a Anniston, AL to the West Coast and Return. My question is I'd be traveling with Wife and two kids (6 and 2) Would like to get the Family Bedroom on the Superliner routes, CL, SWC, and CS. But how does it convert to Viewliner when riding the CL? Do i have to use and extra reward to book a second bedroom or roomette?
Thanks

Brad
Brad, the CL is all superliners, as I think all of the trains you are looking at. If you are asking about the Crescent (which appears to be the only option through Anniston), you would need the "bedroom suite" arrangement on the viewliner, which I believe is 2 bedrooms.

Hope this helps!

I really don't know how that would work. Normally, an AGR award is good for all passengers up to the stated room capicity. The Superliner's family room is rated for up to 4, but the Viiewliner bedroom is only rated for 2. I've had a bedroom on the Crescent and EB, but the only room available on the CL was a family room. But because there were only 2 traveling, there was no problem.

I think you should ask AGR about this!

Back