Superliner roomettes - AC Connection available

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertF

Service Attendant
So, I know the bedrooms have an AC outlet. Is there one in the roomettes? I've never stayed in a Roomette, so I am not sure.

Yes there is a outlet in the light panel at the edge of the seat back. I used it to charge my camera and razor.

Note that in some older sleepers, that outlet can be a bit recessed. Such that one cannot plug in a brick charger like many cell phones require. So you either need a surge protector, or some type of adapter to reach into the plug.

Among other electrical gadgets in my computer bag, I carry an electrical extension cord - one plug that can go into semi-recessed outlets and 3 outlets on the other end.

Plug in both laptops and a phone charger.

If you're going to be charging/using several items at once, I would recommend getting a power squid which you can find at pretty much any major retail that sells electrical items (extension cords, power strips, etc). I used one on my last two trips and it was really handy to have along!

Dan

If you're going to be charging/using several items at once, I would recommend getting a power squid which you can find at pretty much any major retail that sells electrical items (extension cords, power strips, etc). I used one on my last two trips and it was really handy to have along!
Dan
And, get one with a built in surge protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back