Superliner Roomette price

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an end to end trip from Chi to Lax and returning home on the same one week later. The price of the roomette has fallen 117 dollars on the trip out to LAX, will Amtrak refund this price change?? Subsequently the return trip the roomette is much more expensive from what I paid does that matter?

thanks

Since no one else has replied so far, I'll attempt an answer. I've never done this, but if I recall correctly from other posts here on the forum, you should phone Amtrak and ask the agent to adjust the price on the trip that is now cheaper. Do NOT let them cancel the reservation and do a brand new one, as the rate might be higher in the time it takes to complete the transaction. If that agent doesn't know how (and this is common) to adjust the fare, don't let them do anything and just call back again hoping to get a different agent. Or ask for a supervisor.

If this is wrong, someone please give jater the correct answer!

After I posted I called Amtrak and it ended up being a pretty painless transaction. The Amtrak rep on the phone said that there must have been quite a few cancellations for the bucket price to fall from the price that we paid down to where it is now. He asked for the current reservation number and continued to credit the difference back to our credit card. I asked him about it changing what car / room we would be in and after looking at the reservation he issued the credit sent me an email and nothing had changed except for the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back