Summer Promotion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I better get some bonus points for bring it up :p :lol: :lol:
I'll give you 50,000 bonus AU points! :p (They can't be used for Amtrak travel or anything else, but they are bonus points! :lol: I'm feeling generous today - let's make it 100,000 bonus AU points! :lol: :lol: )
Awesome now I just need to wait 4-6 weeks for the posting!

Sorry, about the last post. I'm new to the forum. Anyway, everyone on here is saying that the 400 bonus points for First Class is for Acela. The email I received about this promotion says that Acela gets 500 bonus points and on all OTHER TRAVEL first class gets 400 points. I realize Acela is the only train with First Class so they are not making sense with this it seems. Here is the quote from the Amtrak email I received about the promotion:
Power trip.

Enjoy the comfort and superior service that Acela® travel has to offer and earn an additional 500 Amtrak Guest Rewards® bonus points for each trip. Plus, on all other Amtrak® travel, earn 100 bonus points for Coach class, 200 bonus points for Business class, and 400 bonus points for First class trips.
That's interesting...in all the documentation accessible to me (the email I received announcing it, the first post in this thread, the description on the AGR site before or after logging in), it only mentions 100 for coach, 200 for business, 400 for first (without defining 'first').

By any chance was the promo code you saw (elsewhere in the email you quoted) something other than 60109? Just now I tried 53009, 53109, 60209, and 60309, and it said all were invalid (though perhaps only for me).

But I agree it makes no sense...it seems '400 bonus points for First class trips' 'on all other Amtrak® travel' (besides Acela) could refer only to sleeper.

Unless they meant that Acela BC gets 500 but Acela FC (being FC) gets 400, but that would make even less sense (though par for the course with AGR :p ).

By any chance was the promo code you saw (elsewhere in the email you quoted) something other than 60109? Just now I tried 53009, 53109, 60209, and 60309, and it said all were invalid (though perhaps only for me).
But I agree it makes no sense...it seems '400 bonus points for First class trips' 'on all other Amtrak® travel' (besides Acela) could refer only to sleeper.

Unless they meant that Acela BC gets 500 but Acela FC (being FC) gets 400, but that would make even less sense (though par for the course with AGR :p ).
My email has the 60109 code in it and has the text I quoted, as well as text regarding the hotels, car rental etc parts of the offer. Could it be the text about Acela was sent only to frequent Acela riders?

My email also mentions the 500, but I do see the confusion now, not to mention that the entire offer actually makes no sense. Here's the verbiage:

Enjoy the comfort and superior service that Acela® travel has to offer and earn an additional 500 Amtrak Guest Rewards® bonus points for each trip. Plus, on all other Amtrak® travel, earn 100 bonus points for Coach class, 200 bonus points for Business class, and 400 bonus points for First class trips.
Note that the first sentence says 500 AGR points for each trip on Acela. No mention of class. So it would seem that a ride on Acela earns 500 points no matter what and without regard to class.

The problem with that is that, at least according to Amtrak's current definitions (AGR's may be different), the only place that one can ride in First Class is on Acela. Therefore if we assume that they're not going to pay for a 900 point bonus, then the entire bit about getting 400 bonus points for First Class trips is useless.

Amtrak used to consider sleepers as First Class, but now it's called Sleeper Class. But of course it is possible that AGR still considers sleepers to be First class. So who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
My email also mentions the 500, but I do see the confusion now, not to mention that the entire offer actually makes no sense. Here's the verbiage:
Note that the first sentence says 500 AGR points for each trip on Acela. No mention of class. So it would seem that a ride on Acela earns 500 points no matter what and without regard to class.

The problem with that is that, at least according to Amtrak's current definitions (AGR's may be different), the only place that one can ride in First Class is on Acela. Therefore if we assume that they're not going to pay for a 900 point bonus, then the entire bit about getting 400 bonus points for First Class trips is useless.

Amtrak used to consider sleepers as First Class, but now it's called Sleeper Class. But of course it is possible that AGR still considers sleepers to be First class. So who knows?
Thats exactly what I said to the supervisor. I said I know you are not Amtrak, but I don't think the use of first class matches here... She at least agreed AGR didn't have an official stance yet.

I always thought that First Class was traveling in a sleeper.

When did the term Sleeper Class originate? I have not heard of it before.

I interepted First Class as non-Acela, Sleeper travel.

I have not received my triple point bonuses yet.

How is it shown on the account activity?

First Class= Acela "elitist"

Business Class= upgrade from coach on short distance such as Pacific Surfliner, NEC corridor, etc. Also, Acela coach is also called Business class (correct me if I'm wrong).

Sleeper Class= usually found in long distance trains that do overnight(s) journey.

I always thought that First Class was traveling in a sleeper.When did the term Sleeper Class originate? I have not heard of it before.

I interepted First Class as non-Acela, Sleeper travel.
I believe that they started saying sleeper class in the time tables about a year ago, maybe two.

But of course now we see that the new menus are calling sleeper pax First Class pax. So who knows? Even Amtrak's not sure. :rolleyes:

Mmk, two trips have posted (one bought and paid for on the 6th) and I don't see an "instant" point bonus like I did with double points on the Spring Promo.

So my email says that you get 300 bonus pts for travel on NE Regional tickets over 35 bucks. Nothing about 400 extra for Acela. The 100, 200, 400, Coach, BC, FC is the same. The promo code is the same 60109.

Back